Wednesday, June 6, 2018

To Dear Dad Crazy Quilt Block from Vintage Vogue

My dear Dad is 91 years old. I'm very, very fortunate to still have him in my life. This crazy quilt block with a picture of my Father was originally shared in 2016.

Here's a crazy quilt block featuring one of my favorite postcards from my personal collection. It's FF103 from my Vintage Postcard CD.

Download the PDF file. Print the block directly onto computer printer fabric with your inkjet printer, then use it as the foundation for your crazy quilt block with the center image already in place. When printing the block, use the "Actual Size" in your printer's setting for an 8" block.

To use this foundation pattern, align the edge of the wrong side of your fabric with the dotted line and sew on the straight line. Flip the fabric over and press toward the dotted line.

Stitch two pieces of fabric together (2-1, 2-2 and 3-1, 3-2). Treat as one piece of fabric for 2 and 3. Stitch three pieces of fabric together (1-1, 1-2 then add 1-3 and 4-1, 4-2 then add 4-3). Treat as one piece of fabric for 1 and 4. Applique an image of your father (2" x 3 1/2") for 5. Embroidery "Dad" and add the My Heart Belongs to Daddy finding, too.

Piece the block, then embellish it with threads, trims, ribbons and beads.

When you have time to browse, please visit Vintage Vogue.

Hug your father if you still can!